Ahhh! That first peak at the ocean as you head to the beach!
STONE HARBOR BOULEVARD is now restricted to 35mph, instead of 50mph. New speed limit signs were installed last week shortly after the repaving of the road surface was completed. The upside for those entering and leaving the island? A chance to enjoy the view of the scenery on both sides of Stone Harbor Boulevard, while enhancing safety for those who live along the roadway! Avalon Boulevard, which has no homes directly adjacent to it, remains 50mph.
AMERICAN AIRLINES recently announced that it will add bus service from Atlantic City Airport to Philadelphia Airport, where bus passengers can connect with their flights. While American did not announce plans to fly from Atlantic City, the less crowded facility and easier parking offer an additional option to those travelling to and from the shore by air. Once parked at Atlantic City Airport, travelers can relax on the bus to Philadelphia Airport.
“WILDWOOD DAYS” singer Bobby Rydell passed away last week at the age of 79. His 1963 hit, Wildwood Days, was a Billboard 100 hit for 9 weeks, reaching Number 17. To this day the tune is synonymous with a visit to the Wildwood Boardwalk, and is often used in promotions and played on the boardwalk speaker system. The Philadelphia-born singer often performed his famous song as a tribute to his favorite shore town. Need to hear that catchy tune again? Click here: https://www.youtube.com/
OPENING SOON: Watering Hull (April 28th); Cafe Loren (May 6th); and more!
NOW OPEN: Polpo Ristorante; Ristorante Luciano; Concord Cafe (Thursday-Sunday); Fred’s Tavern; Rockin’ Chair (Friday & Saturday); Sax at the Reeds; Avalon Brew Pub; Shimmers Bistro; and more!
CAPE MAY SEASHORE LINES trains will escort the Easter Bunny along the rails in Tuckahoe this Saturday. Three round-trip departures are scheduled from historic Tuckahoe Station, aboard vintage railcars. Tickets start at $21.95 for adults ad $19.95 for children. For schedules, tickets, and more info visit https://www.
- Easter Egg Scramble, Avalon Recreation Fields, 8th-12th Streets, Saturday, April 16th, 10am.
- Cape May Seashore Lines Easter Bunny Express, Tuckahoe Station, Saturday, April 16th. https://www.
- Avalon Dune Grass Planting, Avalon Community Hall, Saturday, April 23rd, 8:30am. Please RSVP to Sue Keen at 609-967-5924 or Community Hall at 609-967-3066. Rain date Sunday, April 24th.
- Avalon Bulk Trash Collection, April 29th to May 8th. Place bulk items curbside. Note: construction and remodeling materials are not collected.
- Spring Into Summer, Stone Harbor Water Tower parking lot. Boats, paddleboards, water sports, bikes, fishing info, local breweries & more. Saturday, April 30th.
- Avalon Borough Wide Yard Sale, Saturday, May 7th, 8am-3pm, rain or shine. Visit Borough Hall for an application or call 609-967-3446 with questions.
- Avalon Paper Shredding Day, Avalon Public Works building, May 7th, 9am to 2pm.
- Stone Harbor Fire Company Blood Drive, at Women’s Civic Club. Wednesday, May 11th, 12pm.
- Stone Harbor Yard Sale, Women’s Civic Club Parking Lot, Saturday, May 14th, 8am-2pm.
7888 Dune Drive, 209, Avalon, $349,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 221032
223 117th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,650,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220972
488 21st Street, Avalon, $2,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 221024
54 W. 23rd Street, Avalon, $3,795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220985
1539 Dune Drive, Avalon, $3,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 220996
Properties Under Contract:
7888 Dune Drive, 309, Avalon, $359,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 220824
320 40th Street, Avalon, $1,699,900, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 220829
240 22nd Street, Avalon, $2,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 220570
7888 Dune Drive, 106, Avalon, $299,000, SOLD MLS#: 214417
1100 Ocean Drive, 204, Avalon, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 220496
463 24th Street, Avalon, $3,440,000, SOLD MLS#: 213510