Stephen C. Ludlam American Legion Post 331 will participate in Memorial Day Parades and Ceremonies this weekend in both Avalon and Stone Harbor. Photo from Stephen C. Ludlam American Legion Post 331.
- No Turn On Red is in effect at all traffic lights on the island.
- Stone Harbor Boulevard has been repaved, restriped, and restricted to 35mph–and a new speed bump has been added near the Wetlands Institute, so use caution. Avalon Boulevard remains 50mph.
- Bring reusable bags with you. A new state law eliminates one-time-use bags, so you’ll need your own when you go shopping for groceries or other items.
- Purchase Avalon tags here: https://jersey-cape-
tags.myshopify.com/ collections/ currentbeachtagsbadges/ products/avalon-2022-seasonal- beach-tag
- Purchase Stone Harbor tags here: https://jersey-cape-
tags.myshopify.com/ collections/ currentbeachtagsbadges/ products/stone-harbor-2022- seasonal-beach-tag
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Color Run, 95th Street beach, Saturday, May 28th, 9am registration, run starts at 10am.
- Stone Harbor Museum Grand Opening, Saturday, May 28th, 10am. Stop by and see the newly renovated Museum, including a variety of Stone Harbor history displays.
- Helen L. Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children Community Open House, 127 26th Street, 11am-2pm, Saturday, May 28th.
- Stone Harbor Lifeguard Tryouts, 95th Street & the beach, Sunday, May 29th, 10am. Info & application here: https://stoneharbornj.org/
2022-lifeguard-tryouts- scheduled-for-sunday-may-29th/ ?fbclid= IwAR0GLoDuRjFQe9OAQwsU4wxG_ slWP3JSNDqn3tgDRKZLeg8Aa0SuUrd gzCQ
- Turtle Trot 5k & 2-Mile Fun Run, Sunday, May 29th. Register at https://raceroster.com/events/
- Strawberry Festival, Sweet Jersey Strawberry Desserts & Springer’s Ice Cream, St. Mary’s Parish Hall, 95th & Third Avenue, Sunday, May 29th, 6pm to 8pm. www.StMarysStoneHarbor.org
- Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony, Avalon, Monday, May 30th, 9am. Parade begins at 32nd & Dune Drive and heads north on Dune Drive to 21st Street, with the ceremony to follow at Veterans Plaza.
- Memorial Day Ceremony, Stone Harbor Firehouse, Monday, May 30th, 11am.
- Memorial Day Parade, Stone Harbor, Monday, May 30th, 12 noon.
- Stone Harbor Fire Department Open House, Thursday, June 2nd, 7pm-8pm.
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, Water Tower Lot, 95th Street & Second Avenue, Sunday, June 5th, 8am-12:30pm.
- Avalon Garden Club 38th Annual Flower Show, Avalon Community Hall, Saturday, June 11th, 10am to 2pm. www.AvalonGardenClub.org.
- Beach Movie, “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” June 28th, 30th Street Beach, dusk.
700 First Avenue, 317, Avalon, $949,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 221539
448 Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $1,155,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 221509
414 Old Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $1,200,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 221479
862 First Avenue, 3, Avalon, $1,349,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 221542
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd., 309, Stone Harbor Manor, $1,925,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 221504
2511 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,149,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 221525
19 Flamingo Drive, Avalon, $6,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 221538
Properties Under Contract:
733 21st Street, Avalon, $1,475,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 221098
318 83rd Street, #9, Stone Harbor, $1,950,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 221546
59 W. 30th Street, Avalon, $2,999,999, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 221447
7900 Dune Drive, 305, Avalon, $335,000, SOLD MLS#: 214391
9629 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 211753
2109 Harbor Avenue, Avalon, $3,005,000, SOLD MLS#: 220719
238 59th Street, Avalon, $3,415,000, SOLD MLS#: 220632
4816 5th Avenue, Avalon, $10,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 203828