September sunsets usually have a beautiful golden glow to them!
INTEREST RATES: A LITTLE BIT OF PERSPECTIVE… As interest rates fluctuate it’s natural to compare today’s rate with those from a month or a year ago. But taking a wider view really puts things in perspective. Prosperity Mortgage shared this 30-year fixed-rate mortgage chart showing the average mortgage rate every year since 1972. For nearly three decades, rates were well over today’s rates, which are just over 6%.
DID YOU SEE IT? If you were sitting on your deck, walking the dog, or enjoying another outside activity on Saturday evening, you may have spotted an eerie white glow in the otherwise dark sky. It was the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, which was launched from the Florida Space Coast. The rocket itself was not visible from Southern New Jersey, but the white, cone-shaped glow behind it was, until it faded into darkness as the rocket travelled up the east coast. It was carrying 52 satellites bound for space.
WHALES were spotted earlier this week just off the beaches of Stone Harbor, by the Cape May Whale Watcher. Along with more common dolphin sightings, they make for spectacular viewing on a gorgeous fall day. Cape May Whale Watcher runs daily trips through October, with weekend trips thereafter. If you’ve never had the opportunity to ride aboard, check it out!
THE AVALON BOARDWALK is undergoing off-season repairs, as Public Works employees work to maintain the 12-block long promenade. The most recent project undertaken is the full replacement of the deteriorated access ramp at 26th Street.
- Oktoberfest: live entertainment, German-themed food, and beers from Avalon Brew Pub. Friday, September 30th, 3pm-8pm. https://www.icona.com/avalon/specials-and-events/avalon-oktoberfest-2022
- “The Geater with the Heater,” Jerry Blavat performs an evening of oldies. Bring your own food and beverage. Avalon Community Hall, Friday, September 30th. Doors open 6:30pm; music and dancing 7pm; show begins 8pm.
- Avalon History Center Lecture: US Presidential Scandals and Tragedies. 39th Street Tennis Building, Saturday, October 1st, 1pm.
- Atlantic City Restaurant Week. Lunch for $20.22, dinner for $40.22, at participating restaurants. October 2nd through 7th. For participating restaurants visit: https://www.atlanticcitynj.com/restaurant-week/
- Avalon Wine & Spirits Festival. Over 200 high end wines, beers, spirits, hors d’oeuvres, and entertainment. For tickets, click here: https://givebutter.com/WineAndSpiritsFestival Avalon Community Hall, Friday October 7th, 5:30pm to 8pm.
- Avalon Arts & Seafood Festival. Featuring fresh, local seafood and live music, plus artisan craft and décor vendors, and livestreamed football games. Surfside Park, Saturday, October 8th, 10am-5pm.
- Stone Harbor Vintage and Classic Car Show, 96th Street, Saturday, October 8th, 10am-1pm.
- Kids Halloween Dance Party, Avalon Free Public Library, Saturday, October 8th, 10am.
- Garden Club of Stone Harbor Fashion Show. At the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, Sunday, October 9th, 2022, 11am. Tickets are available at Stone Harbor Chamber of Commerce and participating stores.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive, Stone Harbor Women’s Civic Club, 96th Street & the beach, Wednesday, October 12th, 12pm to 5pm. Call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit RedCrossBlood.org to schedule an appointment.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Party: “Best Laid Plans.” The Reeds at Shelter Haven, includes 3-course plated dinner. https://www.reedsatshelterhaven.com/newsitems/murder-mystery-dinner-party/
- Avalon Fall Dune Grass Planting. Volunteers should report outside Avalon Community Hall at 8:30am, Saturday, October 22nd. Please RSVP to Chuck McDonnell (609-967-3066) or Sue Keen (609-967-5924) to sign up. Rain date, Sunday, October 23rd.
- Wizard’s Express, Tuckahoe Train Station, Friday-Sunday, October 28th-30th. https://www.seashorelines.org/Passenger/Wizards
- Autumn Ice Cream Express, Tuckahoe Train Station, Saturday, November 12th, 1pm & 3pm. https://www.seashorelines.org/Passenger/Ice-Cream
177 80th Street, 307, Avalon, $975,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 223028
3349 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 222984
1819 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 223012
765 Sunrise Drive, West, Avalon, $4,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 223002
169 19th Street, Avalon, $4,795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 223015
Properties Under Contract:
10800 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $3,400,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 222600
10600 2nd Avenue, Stone Harbor, $4,150,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 222101
10605 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $7,295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 221982
7888 Dune Drive, 213, Avalon, $341,000, SOLD MLS#: 221671
7888 Dune Drive, 206, Avalon, $341,000, SOLD MLS#: 222606
203 19th Street, Avalon, $2,112,500, SOLD MLS#: 222107
9114 3rd Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 221869
10208 2nd Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 221796
2589 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $7,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 213537