A lone wave curls over as it approaches the beach on a calm October day.
BIDS WILL SOON BE IN for a major beach replenishment project slated for next spring. Both Avalon and Stone Harbor beaches will receive sand pumped from Townsend’s Inlet via hydraulic dredging. $27 million in federal funds are expected to help cover the cost, but the numbers aren’t final yet. The project is part of the planned periodic beach replenishments that typically occur at intervals of several years, but it comes at a great time, since so much sand was lost during several days of stormy weather earlier this month. Meanwhile, both Avalon and Stone Harbor public works departments have done a tremendous job making local beaches usable, so they can be enjoyed in the meantime.
HUMPBACK WHALES have been spotted again very close to shore, just off Stone Harbor Point. Nik Pattantyus has captured this one-minute video of a whale while paddleboarding about a mile off the beach. Unaware of his presence, the whale surfaces gently three times:
If you’d like a chance to see a whale up close, Cape May Whale Watcher is running whale & dolphin watching trips on weekends through the end of the year. For more information visit www.capemaywhalewatcher.com.
IT’S TIME TO WINTERIZE, if you haven’t already! Outside water sources should be shut off and drained, including irrigation systems. If you need a recommendation for a plumber, landscaper, or other contractor please email me!
SCAM LISTINGS: BEWARE! A number of scam real estate listings have surfaced in Cape May County recently, serving as a reminder that it’s important to know who you’re working with. Today’s digital world provides many conveniences, but also provides another means for those with bad intentions to scam the unaware by falsifying listings or leases, collecting deposits, and then disappearing. Protect yourself by working only with trusted sources—if you’re buying, selling, or renting, please call or email me!
SAVE THE DATE: THANKSGIVING WEEKEND 2022! We’re just a few weeks away from Thanksgiving Weekend and the many fun holiday celebrations that occur then. I’ll have a full rundown of events and activities for you!
GO PHILLIES! GO EAGLES! The Philadelphia Eagles are undefeated with a 7-0 record, the Philadelphia Union are Eastern Conference Champions and playing for the MLS Cup Championship, and the Philadelphia Phillies are in the World Series. Avalon & Stone Harbor join in with the rest of the Philadelphia region cheering for our favorite teams!
- Art Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, Thursday, November 3 at 5pm. Register by emailing email@example.com or calling 609-967-7155.
- Bay Park Marina discussion. Get an update on future plans for the marina at this public meeting. Avalon Borough Hall, Friday, November 4th, 4pm.
- Veteran’s Day Ceremony, Veteran’s Plaza, 21st Street & Dune Drive, Friday, November 11th, 11am.
- Veteran’s Day Ceremony, American Legion Post 331, 11617 Second Avenue, Friday, November 11th, 12pm.
- Ice Cream Express, Tuckahoe Train Station, Saturday, November 12th. https://www.seashorelines.org/Passenger/Ice-Cream
- Murder on the Seashore Lines Express, Tuckahoe Train Station, Saturday, November 12th. https://www.seashorelines.org/Passenger/Murder
- Save the date! Thanksgiving Weekend features an array of holiday activities and events. Look for details soon!
178 25th Street, Avalon, $2,400,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 223350
2588 1st Avenue, Avalon, $2,895,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 223359
Properties Under Contract:
173 33rd Street, #2, Avalon, $999,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 222799
2522 Dune Drive, 2520 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,000,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 221847
416 98th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,785,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 222697
54 W. 23rd Street, Avalon, $4,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 223341
24 E. 19th Street, Avalon, $6,295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 223208
331 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 221878
3046 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $3,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 220656
207 120th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 222746
10220 1st Avenue, Stone Harbor, $4,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 221879
397 20th Street, Avalon, $8,695,000, SOLD MLS#: 221512