Small waves break on the beach as a fishing vessel heads south on a surprisingly calm ocean earlier this week.
GIFTS…AND GIVING: It’s the season for both! If you want to put a little bit of Seven Mile Beach under the tree, here are a few gift ideas that simply say “summer!” And if you’re looking to give back to the place you love, consider making a gift to support a local organization! See below for some ideas.
- Miss Avalon t shirt: https://missavalon.com/product-category/apparel/
- Avalon or Stone Harbor Beach tags: https://jersey-cape-tags.myshopify.com/collections/currentbeachtagsbadges
- Douglass Fudge: https://www.douglasscandies.com/
- Original Fudge Kitchen: visit the shop at 254 96th Street or call 609-368-3003
- Hoys 5&10: stop in the Avalon store or the Stone Harbor store and pick up next summer’s beach toys for your grandchildren!
- Local restaurants and shops all offer gift certificates: call your favorite and order a gift certificate for that special someone!
- Habitat for Humanity Cape May County: http://habitatcapemaycounty.org/get-involved/support-us/
- Cape May County Park & Zoo: https://www.capemaycountynj.gov/1008/Park-Zoo (Donate button is at the top right of the page.)
- The Wetlands Institute: https://wetlandsinstitute.org/ (Donate button is at the top right of the page.)
- Avalon Historical Society: http://www.avalonhistoricalsociety.org/ (Donate button is at the top right of the page.)
- Stone Harbor Museum: https://www.stoneharbormuseum.org/capital-campaign-2022/
- Toys for Tots: stop by our temporary office location at 2307 Dune Drive to drop off a new, unwrapped toy.
WE’VE MOVED TO A NEW TEMPORARY LOCATION! While we’re waiting for our new office to be finished, we’ll be working out of our new temporary location at 2307 Dune Drive in Avalon. Our Stone Harbor office at 150 96th Street remains open as well. If you’re planning a visit to the island, please call or email me in advance so I can be prepared for you!
THE GREAT CHANNEL BRIDGE, linking Stone Harbor with Nummy Island and North Wildwood, will undergo structural repairs as well as replacement of its fender system. Traffic across the bridge will be restricted to one alternating lane. The work is expected to be completed in May 2023.
CONSIDER THE GIFT OF FAMILY MEMORIES! Treat your family to the greatest gift—time together, and the resulting memories. There’s no better place to create them than Avalon & Stone Harbor! From a week-long summer vacation to your very own shore house, I’m ready to help!
- The Santa Express, Cape May Seashore Lines, Ride aboard a vintage train with Santa, Tuckahoe & Richland Stations, December 9th, 10th, 11th, 13th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd. Visit https://the-santa-express.com/
- Santa visits door-to-door in Avalon, courtesy Avalon Volunteer Fire Department, Wednesday, December 21st, 6pm to 8pm. Sign-up: https://forms.gle/4US1Vu9Vhc3oJHRg9
- Christmas in Cape May, a variety of holiday-themed things to see and do. Visit https://www.capemay.com/play/christmas-cape-may/
- Harp Performance with Stephani Sussmeier, Avalon Free Public Library, Saturday, December 31st, 10am.
- Happy Noon Year! Kids & families are invited to ring in 2023! Story, entertainment, cookies, apple juice champagne. Avalon Free Public Library, Saturday, December 31st, 11am.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks, 30th Street Beach & Surfside Park, Saturday, December 31st. Ring in the New Year with a great fireworks display at dusk!
2488 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $907,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 223614
269 29th Street, East, Avalon, $1,999,999, ACTIVE MLS#: 223604
Properties Under Contract:
700 First Avenue, 311, Avalon, $1,099,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 223570
129 22nd Street, Avalon, $3,195,500, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 223559
73 W 17th Street, Avalon, $3,795,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 222479
169 19th Street, Avalon, $4,795,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 223015
3349 Ocean Drive, 3349, Avalon, $1,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 222984
14 E 27th Street, North, Avalon, $2,050,000, SOLD MLS#: 221898
138 76th Street, Avalon, $7,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 222928