An Avalon lifeguard boat set amongst thousands of Christmas lights is a favorite spot for annual holiday photos!
IF YOU HAVEN’T VISITED the island during the holidays, you should! Christmas lights line both sides of Dune Drive and 96th Street, and decorations throughout the business districts make both towns feel festive. Many shops are still open, so it’s a great opportunity to browse, shop, and pick up last minute gifts to put a hint of “seashore” under the tree. Many restaurants are open, too, so after the shopping is done, have a meal at your favorite place!
Visitors to Stone Harbor are greeted with Christmas lights throughout the business district.
NEW MORTGAGE LOAN LIMITS: Increases to conventional loan limits were recently announced. For the southern New Jersey region the conventional loan limit increased from $647,200 to $726,200. Loans $726,201 or greater are considered “jumbo” loans. Meanwhile, interest rates have slowly eased back down to an average of 6.33% as of last week, for conventional thirty-year fixed-rate loans.
RECENT RAINFALL was sufficient to end drought conditions in Cape May County. While most of the state had enough precipitation to end drought status a few months ago, much of Cape May County remained well short of necessary rainfall until very recently.
STRIPER FISHING, popular at this time of year, has been improving, with more and larger fish being caught locally. Some schools of large fish over 40 inches have been reported a short distance from the beaches and inlets.
PLAYING SANTA THIS YEAR? Why not give the ultimate gift to your family? Make a commitment to purchase your very own shore property! Your family will thank you (and you’ll thank me!)
- The Santa Express, Cape May Seashore Lines, Ride aboard a vintage train with Santa, Tuckahoe & Richland Stations, December 16th, 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd. Visit https://the-santa-
- Santa visits door-to-door in Avalon, courtesy Avalon Volunteer Fire Department, Wednesday, December 21st, 6pm to 8pm. Sign-up: https://forms.
- Christmas in Cape May, a variety of holiday-themed things to see and do. Visit https://www.capemay.com/
- Harp Performance with Stephani Sussmeier, Avalon Free Public Library, Saturday, December 31st, 10am.
- Happy Noon Year! Kids & families are invited to ring in 2023! Story, entertainment, cookies, apple juice champagne. Avalon Free Public Library, Saturday, December 31st, 11am.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks, 30th Street Beach & Surfside Park, Saturday, December 31st. Ring in the New Year with a great fireworks display at dusk!
317 83rd Street, 13, Stone Harbor, $1,399,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 223653
9114 Third Ave, 1st Floor, Stone Harbor, $1,650,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 223668
9114 Third Ave, 2nd Floor, Stone Harbor, $1,650,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 223669
310 40th Street, East Unit, Avalon, $2,455,000, SOLD MLS#: 222744