Drones carried these strange looking objects along Stone Harbor Boulevard earlier this week. See below for more. Photo: Wetland’s Institute/Facebook.
IT’S A DRONE! Earlier this week you may have uttered that very phrase, as drones were used to install bird diverters on the powerlines along Stone Harbor Boulevard. According to the Wetlands Institute’s Facebook page, Fulcrum Air designed and built the devices, which “make powerlines more visible to birds and reduce or eliminate bird strikes.”
AVALON’S BEACH REPLENISHMENT PROJECT is expected to begin about March 20th, and continue around the clock until about mid-April. 231,000 cubic yards of sand will be pumped onto beaches beginning at 9th Street and continuing southward to 18th Street. Stone Harbor’s beach replenishment will begin as Avalon’s concludes, with 464,000 cubic yards of sand being pumped from 90th Street to 123rd Street. Options exist for additional sand placement in each town, and exercising those options could lengthen the project. Weather and equipment could also affect the project’s timing. Look for euipment to mobilize in the area in early March.
THE GREAT CHANNEL BRIDGE, linking Stone Harbor with North Wildwood, is closed to traffic through February 9th, as barge mounted cranes will be driving pilings for a planned bridge fender replacement project. Traffic will be detoured around the bridge via 96th Street, Route 9, and North Wildwood Boulevard.
BE A VALENTINE for your favoirite zoo animal! The Cape May County Park/Zoo has released their Be My Valentine Wish List of about a dozen items needed for their inhabitants. You can buy a Valentine for a zoo animal and check the Zoo’s Facebook page for a photo of that animal with your gift! See their Facebook post here: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=564360139059379 or shop their wish list at Amazon.com here: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/B2846XDZZGUV
THE WEEKLY UPDATE WILL RESUME THE WEEK OF 2/13
- Valentine’s Express, Cape May Seashore Lines, Friday, February 10th & Saturday, February 11th. See www.SeashoreLines.org for info.
- Longtails in Love, special birdwatching field trip, 8th Street at the beach, Avalon. Saturday, February, 11th, 10am to 4pm. Register in advance at https://njaudubon.org/event/longtails-in-love/
- Avalon History Center Lecture: Stories of Slavery in New Jersey. Avalon History Center, Saturday, February 11th, 1pm.
- 20th Anniversary Friend In Need Super Bash, Princeton Bar & Grill. Silent auction, raffles, food, beverages, giveaways, music. Sunday, February 12, 4:30pm. Tickets available at https://www.friendinneednj.org/
- Polar Bear Run/Walk for Autism, 5k Run and 1-mile Walk, Sea Isle City, Saturday, February, 18,th, 9:30am to 11am. Register in advance at https://runsignup.com/Race/NJ/SeaIsleCity/PolarBear5kRunWalkforAutism
- Birding on the Barrier Islands, Stone Harbor Point Parking lot, Saturday, February 25th, 1pm. Register in advance at https://njaudubon.org/event/birding-on-the-barrier-islands/
- Shop-A-Holics Weekend, Seven Mile Beach Shopping Districts, Thursday-Sunday, March 9-12.
- Stone Harbor Shiver, 95th Street beach, Saturday, March 18th.
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, at participating businesses, Saturday, April 15th, 10am to 4pm. Stone Harbor job listings: https://stoneharborchamber.com/help-wanted
351 96th Street, 415, Stone Harbor, $525,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230208
805 Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $549,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230213
29 E 28th Street, #7, Avalon, $699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230194
53 W 26th Street, Avalon, $2,895,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230212
Properties Under Contract:
281 69th Street, Avalon, $2,799,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 230136
5499 Dune Drive, Avalon, $11,000,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 222319
285 38th Street, Avalon, $2,700,000, SOLD MLS#: 223297