A sure sign of spring! The Miss Avalon has returned to her berth for the season! Miss Avalon will begin fishing on Friday, April 7th.
BEACH UPDATE: MID-APRIL START. The Borough of Avalon announced earlier this week that the much-anticipated beach replenishment project will begin on or about April 15th. The dredge “Texas,” used for hydraulic replenishment of beach sand, is in need of maintenance work in New York; after the maintenance is completed it will take about five days to move the dredge to Avalon. Despite the delay the Borough hopes the project will finish around Mother’s Day weekend, at which time sand pumping will shift to Stone Harbor beaches.
MEANWHILE, BEACH SWEEPS are scheduled on Saturday in both Avalon and Stone Harbor. These twice-annual volunteer efforts are important to keep our beaches clean and beautiful. Volunteers should dress for the weather, bring a bucket, and wear hard soled shoes. Register for the Beach Sweep here: https://cleanoceanaction.org/aboutbeachsweeps
REMINDER: NEW TRASH & RECYCLING CARTS will be in use in both Avalon and Stone Harbor this season. Avalon will deliver new trash and recycling carts to properties between May 1st and May 15th, while Stone Harbor property owners will need to purchase their own carts. Be sure you have enough carts at your property to accommodate the trash and recycling material generated during peak occupancy of your property—especially if you are a rental property owner! See the FAQ for each town for more information:
Stone Harbor Trash Cart FAQ: http://stoneharbornj.org/details-of-new-trash-and-recycling-receptacles-required-by-may-1st-2023/
OSPREYS ARE BACK in local nests, and can be seen hunting in local waters. If you haven’t seen them in person you can check them out online at the Wetlands Institute’s Osprey Cam, which shows multiple live views of the osprey nest behind the Institute’s building, along with other views of the marsh and back bay. View Osprey Cam here: https://wetlandsinstitute.org/education/osprey-camera-2/
- Beach Sweeps, Avalon and Stone Harbor, Saturday, April 1st, 9am-12:30pm. Dress for the weather, bring your own bucket, and wear hard soled shoes. Register at https://cleanoceanaction.org/aboutbeachsweeps
- Annual Stone Harbor Easter Egg Hunt, Stone Harbor Firehouse, Saturday, April 1st, 12pm-12:30pm.
- Easter Bunny Express, Cape May Seashore Lines, April 1st, 2nd, & 8th. www.SeashoreLines.org
- Avalon Home and Land Owners Association Community Connections meeting, Avalon Community Hall, Saturday, April 8th, 2023, 8:30am-11am.
- Avalon Recreation Department Easter Egg Scramble: Ages 1-4, 8th Street Playground; Ages 5-6, 10th Street Field; Ages 7-10, 12th Street Field. Saturday, April 8th, 10am sharp.
- Harbor Hop 5K Run, 1M Run, 1M Walk, Stone Harbor, Saturday, April 8th, 9am. Info & registration: https://runsignup.com/Race/NJ/StoneHarbor/HarborHop
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, at participating businesses, Saturday, April 15th, 10am to 4pm. Stone Harbor job listings: https://stoneharborchamber.com/help-wanted
- Spring Ice Cream Express, Cape May Seashore Lines, Saturday, April 15th. www.SeashoreLines.org
- Avalon Dune Grass Planting, Saturday, April 22nd, 8:30am. Volunteers will meet at Avalon Community Hall, 30th Street and Avalon Avenue, at 8:30am for a brief planting demonstration. After the Dune Grass planting there will be a bagged light lunch outside Community Hall. Organizations and groups are encouraged to volunteer! Please call Sue Keen at 609-967-5924 or Chuck McDonnell at 609-967-3066, no later than April 11th, to sign-up.
- Free Tree Seedlings for Cape May County homeowners, Avalon Community Hall, Saturday, April 22nd, 8:30am-12pm. 500 native tree seedlings are available (arrive early).
- Spring Into Summer Stone Harbor Market. Boats, water sports, bikes, fishing info, backyard BBQ, local breweries, live music. Water Tower Plaza, Saturday, April 29th, 10am to 4pm.
- Southern NJ Coast Guard Ball, 75th Anniversary of Recruit Training in Cape May, US Coast Guard Training Center Cape May, April 29, 2023. Info and tickets here: https://coastguardcommunity.org/events/southern-new-jersey-coast-guard-ball/
- Avalon Bulk Trash Pick Up, place items curbside May 5th through May 14th.
- Garden Club of Stone Harbor Plant Sale, by Pre-Order only, pickup orders at Stone Harbor Public Works Garage, Saturday, May 13th, 9am to 4pm. Order info here: https://gardenclubofstoneharbor.org/plant-sale/
- Garden Club of Stone Harbor Community Yard Sale, 9401 Second Avenue, Saturday, May 20th, 8am-2pm.
- Avalon Garden Club 39th Annual Flower Show, Avalon Community Hall, Saturday, June 10th, 10am to 3pm. Design & horticultural exhibits, raffle baskets, free admission. www.avalongardenclub.org
- Tuesdays at the Tower, summer concert series, beginning July 11th.
- Thursdays at Surfside, weekly concerts at Surfside Park, Avalon, Thursdays, 7pm, beginning June 29th.
7888 Dune Drive, 328, Avalon, $509,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230761
7888 Dune Drive, 330, Avalon, $529,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230760
235 96th Street, #B, Stone Harbor, $1,175,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230779
133 Meadowview Lane, Avalon Manor, $1,350,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230739
245 109th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,249,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230738
415 98th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230755
448 104th Street, Stone Harbor, $8,499,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230728
Properties Under Contract:
3565 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,489,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 230643
253 35th Street, West Side, Avalon, $3,095,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 222055
177 80th Street, 201, Avalon, $645,000, SOLD MLS#: 213997