A common sight at this time of year, as a sailboat, just off the beach, heads south for the winter. Too bad they’ll miss out on Thanksgiving Weekend in Avalon & Stone Harbor!
THANKSGIVING WEEKEND is here! After you’ve enjoyed your turkey, head to the Avalon & Stone Harbor business districts on Friday and Saturday for all kinds of holiday fun! In Avalon, Festive Friday & Snowfest Saturday bring dozens of holiday activities, and Stone Harbor’s A Christmas Story does the same. From music and tree lightings to photos with Santa and a Christmas Parade, Thanksgiving Weekend is one not to be missed! See below for the lineup of weekend activities. Most shops and restaurants will be open, too!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU & YOURS! Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving, and a wonderful start to the holiday season!
- Thanksgiving Weekend! Avalon’s Festive Friday and Snowfest Saturday, and Stone Harbor’s “A Christmas Story” are on the calendar for Thanksgiving Weekend!
- Turkey Trot 5K Run/1.5 Mile Walk, 30th & Avalon Avenue, Friday, November 25th. 5K Run starts at 10am, 1.5 Mile Walk starts at 10:05am. Registration & Bib Pickup, 8am-9:30am, 30th & Avalon Avenue ($35), or sign up online: https://runsignup.com/dillerhometurkeytrot
- Festive Friday (Avalon):
- 10am: Story Time with Mrs. Clause. Avalon Free Public Library.
- 11am-4pm: Dozens of activities along Dune Drive, including glitter tattoos, character photos, face painting, music, refreshments & treats, balloons, & more.
- 5pm: Santa and Mayor McCorristin arrive at Veteran’s Plaza.
- 5pm: Tree Lighting at Veteran’s Plaza
- 6:30pm: Christmas Movie on the 30th Street Beach: “The Polar Express.”
- Snowfest Saturday (Avalon):
- 11am-4pm: Dozens of activities along Dune Drive, including Candyland Bounce House; Polar Bear Bungee Trampoline; Jack Frost’s Mini Tea Cups; Milestone Mania; Polar Extreme Obstacle Course; 24’ “Mount Avalon” Rock Wall; Candy Cane Kiddie Swings; Family Photos with Santa in his Sleigh at 21st & Dune Drive; Holiday Hits by The Corner Boys & Co. at 26th-27th & Dune Drive; Live Ice Sculpting at 21st & Dune Drive; Cozy Stations at 26th-27th & Dune Drive
- Avalon Volunteer Fire Department 110th Anniversary. Dedication of Fire House, Open House, Building & Truck Tours. Ribbon Cutting at 10am, Saturday, November 25th.
- Stone Harbor: A Christmas Story. Friday & Saturday, downtown Stone Harbor. Includes Holiday Market & Carousel; Scavenger Hunt; Winter Wonderland Festival of Trees; Stone Harbor Museum Open House; Tree Lighting; Hospitality Night; Downtown Holiday Dash; Christmas Parade.
- Island Holiday Hospitality Night (Stone Harbor). Shop for the holidays & enjoy complimentary sips & bites. Friday, November 24th, 6pm to 9pm.
- Stone Harbor Christmas Parade. Third Avenue to 96th Street, to Second Avenue. Saturday, November 25th, 6:30pm.
- The Santa Express! Take a ride aboard vintage rail equipment—with a special visit from Santa! Three dozen scheduled trains depart from Tuckahoe Station and Richland Station beginning Saturday, November 25th. Visit https://the-santa-express.com/ for train schedules and tickets.
7900 Dune Drive, C315, Avalon, $315,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 233136
413 98th Street, First floor, Stone Harbor, $974,900, ACTIVE MLS#: 233131
325 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 233128
10422 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $3,400,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 233138
65 E 10th Street, Avalon, $6,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 233135
Properties Under Contract:
2 2nd Drive, Stone Harbor Manor, $1,149,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 222806
469 22nd Street, B, Avalon, $806,250, SOLD MLS#: 231779
293 68th Street, A, Avalon, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 223202
590 24th Street, Avalon, $2,350,000, SOLD MLS#: 232153
327 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $7,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 230904