Less than three months to Memorial Day Weekend!
LESS THAN THREE MONTHS to Memorial Day Weekend! Despite the grey skies and chilly temperatures most of us have been experiencing lately, we’re just a few months from kicking off our summer season—something that brings a smile to all our faces.
BEACH SWEEPS ARE BACK, returning to both Avalon and Stone Harbor on Saturday, April 1st. Volunteers are needed to help clean beaches in each town, removing trash and debris, helping to keep them beautiful. Dress for the weather, bring your own bucket, and wear hard-soled shoes. To volunteer, please register for the beach sweep at www.CleanOceanAction.org.
NEW IRRIGATION RULES in Stone Harbor prohibit the watering of grass, trees, and landscape beds between the curb and sidewalk using installed sprinklers. These areas may only be watered using drip or trickle irrigation systems. The ordinance was approved last April and went into effect January 1st.
AVALON BEACH TAGS can be purchased online! As in years past, Avalon has partnered with Jersey Cape Tags to make beach tags available for online purchase and shipping right to your door! Visit https://jersey-cape-tags.myshopify.com/collections/currentbeachtagsbadges/products/avalon-2023-seasonal-beach-tag
SPRING PROPERTY MAINTENANCE should be on your mind! Don’t wait–schedule your spring maintenance now, and beat the rush. Call your landscaper for flowers or shrubs; schedule your plumber to turn on your outside water lines; set up a powerwashing (or softwashing) of your siding; have your painter refinish your front door, trim, or other surfaces.
NEED A CONTRACTOR? From pools to patios, doors to decks, and flowers to fences, I’m happy to recommend contractors or service providers. Need one? Call or email me!
- Atlantic City Boat Show, March 1-5. www.acboatshow.com
- Shop-A-Holics Weekend, Seven Mile Beach Shopping Districts, Thursday-Sunday, March 9-12.
- Pre-Shiver Party at Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, Friday, March 17th, 6pm.
- Kegs & Eggs, Fred’s Tavern, 96th Street, Saturday, March 18th, 9am.
- Stone Harbor Shiver Polar Plunge, 95th Street beach, Saturday, March 18th, 11:30am. Registration for Pre-Shiver Party, Polar Plunge and Kegs & Eggs: https://www.active.com/stone-harbor-nj/water-sports/swimming/stone-harbor-shiver-polar-plunge-2023?int=72-3-A1
- Beach Sweeps, Avalon and Stone Harbor, Saturday, April 1st, 9am-12:30pm. Dress for the weather, bring your own bucket, and wear hard soled shoes. Register at www.CleanOceanAction.org
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt, Stone Harbor Firehouse, Saturday, April 1st, 12pm-12:30pm.
- Easter Bunny Express, Cape May Seashore Lines, April 1st, 2nd, & 8th. www.SeashoreLines.org
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, at participating businesses, Saturday, April 15th, 10am to 4pm. Stone Harbor job listings: https://stoneharborchamber.com/help-wanted
- Spring Ice Cream Express, Cape May Seashore Lines, Saturday, April 15th. www.SeashoreLines.org
- Thursdays at Surfside, weekly concerts at Surfside Park, Avalon, Thursdays, 7pm, beginning June 29th.
280 28th Street, North Unit, Avalon, $1,595,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230462
7899 Sunset Drive, W, Avalon, $1,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 230466
Properties Under Contract:
488 21st Street, Avalon, $2,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 223032
179 113th Street, Stone Harbor, $4,295,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 223674
144 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $7,495,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS#: 222785
9114 Third Avenue, 2nd Floor, Stone Harbor, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 223669
188 34th Street, Avalon, $2,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 223258